Teaching martial arts as a career was a job choice even my parents doubted.
I had a choice to make after I received my degree in Psychology from UTSA.
Go onto graduate school, or open a martial arts studio.
HERE ARE EIGHT REASONS WHY I CHOSE MARTIAL ARTS AS A CAREER.
Teaching martial arts is not easy . . .
It takes patience, perseverance, and a heart of a teacher. Here are a few reasons why I do what I do:
- Change Lives – Teaching martial arts is more than kicking and punching, at least to me. I get a chance to impact lives and truly make a difference.
- It is a Calling – When I see a student accomplish an impossible goal, it brings me joy!
- The “Ah-ha” Moment – The best moments is seeing the light go off when a student finally “gets it”. This moment can be life-changing for the student and instructor.
- Born To Do It – I cannot ignore something I was born to do and seeing others grow.
- Never Peak – I relish in finding unique and creative ways of pushing kids past their limits.
- My students depend on me – Students depend on me for support, guide, and inspire them.
- Lead By Example – I model how to succeed and fail.
- Students Say the “funniest things” – What is the point of teaching if you are not enjoying it?